Question M.2 and HDD with ASUS ROG B450-F

Jun 23, 2020
So to start with my previous motherboard (Same model ASUS ROG B450-F) went boom...... so I bought a new one (The same model), the only difference being my old board was 2000 ryzen ready and this one is 3000 ready.

I have x2 M.2 NVME 500gb Adata XPG and a SN750 WD 1TB - I also have a 2gb HDD.

Just to mention my Adata M.2 is what I used to use as a boot drive.

So I fitted the new motherboard and everything has gone smoothly, upon first boot up I reached the BIOS and found that my Adada 500gb M.2 was not on the boot priority list nor was my HDD. The only thing recoignised was the WD 1TB SN750 so I thought id just attempt to install windows again on the SN750 however it is not letting me. I have tried changing the Adata M.2 to the slot where the WD M.2 was put in place and then nothing is being recoignised however when moving them back the WD M.2 shows back up again.

anyone have any idea how to just boot off my m.2 that had windows on it originally and why my other two drives are not being shown in bios or at all ? I cant actually get past the install windows section.

Excuse the awful explination, I've tried to explain it as best I can with the knowledge I have however if nothing makes sense ask and ill try explain it as best I can .

Specs are:
ASUS ROG B450-F
Adata XPG 500gb
WD SN750 1TB
2gb WD HDD
ASUS ROG STRIX 2070S
RYZEN 2600x
deepcool 360ex

Any ideas on why this might happen / any work around at all ?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS