[SOLVED] M.2 and Nvme

Solution
Welcome to the forums :D
M.2 is the name of the socket used by these drives. NVME or Non Volatile Memory Express and SATA are two types of drives that use this socket/slot.
the drive above is a SATA drive and should not be confused with a NVME drive. SATA drives are limited to less than a quarter the transfer speed that NVME drives can achieve.

M.2 SATA and M.2 NVME drives can be used in that laptop.
NVME drives can be 4-5 times faster than a SATA on the same socket/slot and I suggest getting one if you can. the intel 660p is a good example.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
M.2 is the name of the socket used by these drives. NVME or Non Volatile Memory Express and SATA are two types of drives that use this socket/slot.
the drive above is a SATA drive and should not be confused with a NVME drive. SATA drives are limited to less than a quarter the transfer speed that NVME drives can achieve.

NVME drives can be 4-5 times faster than a SATA on the same socket/slot and I suggest getting one if you can. the intel 660p is a good example.

Reactions: IndianFirebolt
Solution
Aug 4, 2020

that means the laptop supports both the m.2 sata and m.2 nvme drives!?