[SOLVED] M.2 doesn't show on bios neither when i try to install windows [HELP]

Fantazzy

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
Hi guys so i just mounted a pc and im quite newbie its the first time i've done it but i think i did it ok.
So im pretty sure the SSD m.2 is well connected in terms of hardware.
However when i try to install windows via pen, it only appears my Hard drive to install windows and not the SSD m.2.
When i open Bios it says nothing it's connected to the M2_1.
Motherboard is x570 Gaming Plus
SSD: M2 crucial MX500

Please help

Thanks

Solution
For your second post, see manual p. 69 for two types of 3-beep codes.

If that does not help, you may need to do a BIOS Reset, which would restore all its settings to defaults. See p. 38 and be sure to disconnect your system from all power before proceeding. If you don't have a "jumper cap", you just need to short together the two pins at the Reset header using a screwdriver for about 10 sec. AFTER you have done this, re-connect the power cord and boot up - it should allow you to go into BIOS Setup. Then, just to be sure, go the the Exit Menu - see manual p.55. There choose the Restore Defaults option, then the Save Changes and Exit to reboot again. Now you're back where you started.

I believe the M.2 unit you have could be installed...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador

If that does not help, you may need to do a BIOS Reset, which would restore all its settings to defaults. See p. 38 and be sure to disconnect your system from all power before proceeding. If you don't have a "jumper cap", you just need to short together the two pins at the Reset header using a screwdriver for about 10 sec. AFTER you have done this, re-connect the power cord and boot up - it should allow you to go into BIOS Setup. Then, just to be sure, go the the Exit Menu - see manual p.55. There choose the Restore Defaults option, then the Save Changes and Exit to reboot again. Now you're back where you started.

I believe the M.2 unit you have could be installed in either the M.2_1 or M.2_2 slots. From what little I found to read on this, the performance difference for SSD use would be very small. So you could try to simply move it from one location to the other and see if that helps.

IF you placed it in the M.2_2 slot, see manual p. 49 regarding PCH GEN switch. I suspect your best choice there is AUTO.

Solution

Fantazzy

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019

I believe the M.2 unit you have could be installed in either the M.2_1 or M.2_2 slots. From what little I found to read on this, the performance difference for SSD use would be very small. So you could try to simply move it from one location to the other and see if that helps.

IF you placed it in the M.2_2 slot, see manual p. 49 regarding PCH GEN switch. I suspect your best choice there is AUTO.

Hi paper doc so regarding what u said. I tried to clean the CMOS with the clip method and by removing the battery and replacing it cause i didnt had the "jumper cap". After this i tried to boot the pc and the 3 beeps are still there... i don't understand i tried removing the rams also.. trying to boot with just one popped in with not a single popped in and with both popped in still 3 beeps. HELP :(

Regarding the M.2 unit you think it would be good to try the m2_2 slot instead of the 1st ?

Fantazzy

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
Hi paper doc so regarding what u said. I tried to clean the CMOS with the clip method and by removing the battery and replacing it cause i didnt had the "jumper cap". After this i tried to boot the pc and the 3 beeps are still there... i don't understand i tried removing the rams also.. trying to boot with just one popped in with not a single popped in and with both popped in still 3 beeps. HELP :(

Regarding the M.2 unit you think it would be good to try the m2_2 slot instead of the 1st ?
@Paperdoc