CPU: Ryzen 3700x
GPU: RX 580
PCIe slot: FebSmart 4 Ports USB 3.0
1st m.2: 250gb 960 Evo
2nd m.2 Sabrent rocket Q 1tb
2tb raid drive
4tb archive drive
2 random 500gb expendable drives
So I bought a new SSD, the Sabrent one and installed it in my second m.2 slot where I initialised it in drive manager, worked fine all night play games off it.
came to turn it on the next day and its no longer detected anywhere in windows, however, the bios can still see it perfectly fine.
I have tried removing, reseating it. I have also tried removing the new PCIe card to see if that conflicted, still nothing. I can't really reset my bios because the raid is using those settings and this new drive was meant to take data off the raid drives so I don't have the storage to swap them about.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
D
So You left out critical data not telling us that it worked in other computers. Sounds like your windows installation is hosed. Get an external USB drive to back up your raid data reset your bios and if that doesn’t work reinstall windows. Install clean if all else fails
D

Deleted member 14196

That is a shoddy drive and I’m not surprised that it failed

Stick with Samsung if you want the best performance and longevity

D

Deleted member 14196

So You left out critical data not telling us that it worked in other computers. Sounds like your windows installation is hosed. Get an external USB drive to back up your raid data reset your bios and if that doesn’t work reinstall windows. Install clean if all else fails

Solution

zake881

Reputable
Jul 29, 2016
I only just tested on the other computer, I don't typically like using it or digging it out. I knew it wasn't dead anyways like I said so that was the only thing it would have confirmed