Question M.2 is is not detected

Nov 21, 2019
I recently installed "Transcend 820S 120GB M.2 2280 SATA III SSD Drive (#TS120GMTS820S)" into my LENOVO IDEAPAD 330s 14ikb(win 10). The M.2 drive is not detected by the windows installer, or the BIOS. It is not showing anywhere.

I have updated the BIOS to the current version, I have tried removing and putting back in the M.2, I have tried setting the boot control to UEFI and Legacy, and just UEFI, nothing seems to work. I installed Windows 10 to the hard drive instead, and made sure drivers were present for everything. There are no driver issues in the Device Manager. The M.2 is still not detected. :(

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lutfij

Titan
Did you try installing the OS using a bootable installer(assuming you tried Windows 10) after creating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? On that note, did you make sure to remove the HDD from the laptop with only the SSD connected prior to firing up the laptop and initiating the installer for the OS?

Can you check and get back to us regarding which BIOS version you're on for your laptop? Ideally you should be on UEFI, set Storage controller to AHCI and the primary boot device(during install is USB) after the install you can revert to Windows Boot Manager.

Nov 21, 2019
Did you try installing the OS using a bootable installer(assuming you tried Windows 10) after creating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? On that note, did you make sure to remove the HDD from the laptop with only the SSD connected prior to firing up the laptop and initiating the installer for the OS?

Can you check and get back to us regarding which BIOS version you're on for your laptop? Ideally you should be on UEFI, set Storage controller to AHCI and the primary boot device(during install is USB) after the install you can revert to Windows Boot Manager.
i have alreadywin10home installed. BIOS version is 7SCN36WW which is the latest version.