M.2 M Key Wireless Adapter Help

Jan 14, 2019
Here is my motherboard. I know it has a dedicated M.2 Wireless slot, but I am unsure of how to use this technology. I want Bluetooth, rather than WiFi (I have ethernet), but the WiFi would be a plus, if I, for some reason had my PC in a place that did not have ethernet. This is the card I've been looking at. It has good reviews and is inexpensive. But, with my motherboard, the M.2 M Key is directly under my Graphics Card, which makes me wonder, how would I connect antennas to it? I honestly have no idea how I would use wireless M.2, and I was wondering if you could give me some tips about it. Where would the antennas go? Do I need a PCIe adapter that comes with antennas? If so, why does my motherboard have a dedicated slot for this? Sorry for being so clueless.

Thanks for the help!

Feb 19, 2019
Well... first thing's first. You have two M.2 slots.

The top one marked ULTRA is PCIe Gen3 x4 is very fast - best used for NVMe boot drive like the Samsung 970 EVO Plus.

The bottom one marked WIFI is PCIe Gen3 x1 and that's where you want your WiFi card to go.

I just looked around briefly and found this UPGRADE CARD WITH ANTENNAS!!! on Amazon. Makes me jealous honestly... Enjoy!

TRENDING THREADS