Question M.2 No Longer Being Recognized

Dec 9, 2020
Hey so I just built my first pc and I used a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite as my mobo.
I was doing a fresh windows install using a usb drive. So I had managed to install Windows on my Gigabyte Aorus M.2 Drive.
When I was updating my windows version, my pc blue screened while my USB was still plugged in. After that my M.2 was no longer being recognized in the bios.
If I plug my USB back in it takes me back to the windows install but it doesn't recognized the M.2 Drive.
I tried messing around with the CSM settings in the MOBO and it allowed to get back into the windows login but it blue screened shortly after. Also my CSM just seems to keep getting disabled now.
I'm on Bios f31o , my M.2 has windows installed so If I can get it to recognized that it might help.
Any help would be appreciated.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
you blue screening on a windows installer with a fresh USB installer being created comes down to a couple of things.
Either the USB drive itself is bad, the USB port you are using is no good (don't ever use front panel for installing Windows through USB), or it could more likely be that there is something not right with your build itself.
Either a component (or multiple) is bad, or not installed correctly.

Dec 9, 2020
you blue screening on a windows installer with a fresh USB installer being created comes down to a couple of things.
Either the USB drive itself is bad, the USB port you are using is no good (don't ever use front panel for installing Windows through USB), or it could more likely be that there is something not right with your build itself.
Either a component (or multiple) is bad, or not installed correctly.
I didn't blue screen when installing windows I was downloading updates directly from the windows update page. I was able to initially successfully install windows, but once it blue screened my mobo doesn't recognize the NVMe M.2 drive.

Dec 9, 2020
Let's start with your full system specs including PSU brand and model.

What Windows version did you install and what is the source of that Windows?

In what M.2 slot did you install that M.2?
PSU is Corsair Rm750x (2018)
Mobo is Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wifi x570
M.2 is the Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4 1GB and is in slot a
GPU is Zotac 3080 Amp Holo
AIO is Corsair H100i Capellix

Windows version is 10 Home that was created from a media creation tool on my laptop.