Question M.2 Not recognized by windows

Macovitch

Prominent
Feb 7, 2022
M.2 got corrupted awile ago, reinstalled windows on another SSD. BIOS can recognize m.2, windows computer management cannot. All I want is to wipe the m.2.

Macovitch

Prominent
Feb 7, 2022
It's available from the command line assuming you can boot into Windows at all.

A "list disk" command should show you which disks it can see.
Disk is not listed there, I went back to Bios and it recognizes the m.2 as a bootable device, but it still says “N/A” where all the sata drives are listed. I looked for a place to reenable m.2 but can’t find any. I’m gunna default bios then most likely update it

M.2 got corrupted awile ago, reinstalled windows on another SSD. BIOS can recognize m.2, windows computer management cannot. All I want is to wipe the m.2.
Windows can't do everything, you have to think outside the box. Download a disk partitioning app like Gparted and use it to remove all of the previous partitions. Check to make sure the m.2 has the necessary GPT partition initializer and then you can reinstall windows or do whatever you want with it.

Macovitch

Prominent
Feb 7, 2022
What's the brand and model of the motherboard and SSD and the Operating System version?
Motherboard is Prime B450M-a
OS win 10
I forget the SSD

I talked to one of my instructors who said to cmos jump bios, if that doesn’t work then boot a Linux distro and see if that recognizes it

Download a disk partitioning app like Gparted and use it to remove all of the previous partitions. Check to make sure the m.2 has the necessary GPT partition initializer and then you can reinstall windows or do whatever you want with i
I’ll take all my other storage devices out and try this, thanks for the tip