Question M.2 not showing up anywhere, bios, windows etc.

Apr 3, 2021
I brought a kingston kc2500 and I have a pc and the motherboard is a msi b250i gaming pro ac. I can only put this in the m.2_2 slot and it says not present within bios. I've done a bios update and still nothing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you have a Sata drive in slot 1?

Intel® B250 Chipset
• 4 x SATA 6Gb/s ports*
• 1 x M.2 slot (Key M slot on the bottom of the motherboard)
  • Supports up to PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s
  • Supports 2242/ 2260 /2280 storage devices
The SATA1 connector will be unavailable when an M.2 SATA SSD module has been installed in the M.2_2 slot.

could be the m.2 slot needs to be enabled in the bios. I would look but your manual is pathetic , only 2 pages on bios description

Are you wanting to install windows on it? https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/m-2-not-showing-up-in-bios-asus-strix-b250f-gaming.3102896/ - could be you need to install windows on it before it shows up.

can you try m.2 drive in another PC? could be a bad drive.

Apr 3, 2021
do you have a Sata drive in slot 1?

Intel® B250 Chipset
• 4 x SATA 6Gb/s ports*
• 1 x M.2 slot (Key M slot on the bottom of the motherboard)
  • Supports up to PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s
  • Supports 2242/ 2260 /2280 storage devices
The SATA1 connector will be unavailable when an M.2 SATA SSD module has been installed in the M.2_2 slot.

could be the m.2 slot needs to be enabled in the bios. I would look but your manual is pathetic , only 2 pages on bios description

Are you wanting to install windows on it? https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/m-2-not-showing-up-in-bios-asus-strix-b250f-gaming.3102896/ - could be you need to install windows on it before it shows up.

can you try m.2 drive in another PC? could be a bad drive.
I have a sata drive in slot 2 but it's corrupted and before it corrupted it, in windows it wouldn't come up in device manager. And I wouldn't have a clue how to enable it in settings I thought I did. But unsure.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if your bios is similar to the MSI Z270 SLI Plus bios, I don't see anywhere you enable them. There are menus to enable raid on m.2
so as far as I can tell, it should just show. (link)
If its in bios anywhere its on advanced view/Settings/Advanced under PCIe
Tried unplugging all other drives?
Are you wanting to install windows on it or just use as storage?

Apr 3, 2021
if your bios is similar to the MSI Z270 SLI Plus bios, I don't see anywhere you enable them. There are menus to enable raid on m.2
so as far as I can tell, it should just show. (link)
If its in bios anywhere its on advanced view/Settings/Advanced under PCIe
Tried unplugging all other drives?
Are you wanting to install windows on it or just use as storage?
For Windows, in the Windows installation it don't come up either. Really stuck.