Question M.2 not showing up in Bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2019
I recently built a Pc with an M.2 ssd on the ROG STRIX b360 -I gaming motherboard, however when I try to boot the PC it takes me to bios. bios it says that the M.2 is N/A even though it is in place correctly as I have checked several times, just curios if anyone has any suggestions on how to get it recognized so I can boot my PC. Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
That board does have 2x M.2 ports

1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*1
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*1

However, both of them can take that specific SSD.

May 21, 2019
That board does have 2x M.2 ports

1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*1
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*1

However, both of them can take that specific SSD.
Its installed in Socket 3, it required me to unscrew a piece to safely install it.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I have not installed the operating system sorry if it was mis worded, thats the problem i'm dealing with now
[...]
I recently built a Pc with an M.2 ssd on the ROG STRIX b360 -I gaming motherboard, however when I try to boot the PC it takes me to bios.
If you haven't installed any OS then it is expected that it'll just end up in the BIOS when you turn your PC. If you boot from your install media (e.g. Win 10 USB installer) does the installer see the M.2 drive?

NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Guide to install NVMe M.2 drive is found in this thread:

May 21, 2019
NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Guide to install NVMe M.2 drive is found in this thread:
Thanks, It wont let me boot from my USB containing windows 10 now

May 21, 2019
I just closed the MB manual page.....no good to me, since I use MSI, but you should be using that manual every step of the way, when installing a new MB--even if you have some experience building computers. Things change fast, and you can't memorize everything.
got it to recognize the ssd finally but now it wont recognize the usb hard drive with windows 10 on it

Status
Not open for further replies.