[SOLVED] m.2 nvme compatibility with ax370 gaming k5 and write speed

vish1756

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
i have a gigabyte ax370 gaming k5 mobo running a ryzen 1700x, gtx1080, 16gigs of memory. I want to switch to a nvme m.2 may be Samsung evo 970 250gb. the official website says i have a M.2 socket 3 connecter on my mobo, is that fine to run a nvme Samsung evo 970 without any compatibility issues?... Also the main reason why im doing it is I have standard 500mbs ssd and i work with softwares such as substance painter, mari which have heavy files to save frequently and i want that to be significantly faster. Will it help me in this case?

Solution
Yes, it is fine, however you will want to pay attention to the lane rules as it might disable one or two of the standard SATA headers when the M.2 PCI slot is in use. SO you may have to use specific SATA headers. Usually, SATA 0 and 1 still work fine. On some boards, it may not affect them at all.

It should be outlined on the motherboard specifications on the motherboard product page.
Yes, it is fine, however you will want to pay attention to the lane rules as it might disable one or two of the standard SATA headers when the M.2 PCI slot is in use. SO you may have to use specific SATA headers. Usually, SATA 0 and 1 still work fine. On some boards, it may not affect them at all.

It should be outlined on the motherboard specifications on the motherboard product page.

Solution