[SOLVED] M.2 Nvme Drive stuck on "read only"

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
I recently installed windows on a new m.2 drive leaving my other m.2 with the old installation, when I tried to format the m.2 that has the old corrupted OS on it I was unable to do so because all the options in disk management except properties and help were grayed out so I did a ton of research and done a lot of things in Diskpart to attempt and remove the write protection and I was unable to do so. Clearing the disk, volume etc was just giving me an error in diskpart.

I went as far as making an ubuntu boot usb drive but even on ubuntu I was unable to format the drive.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
Did you have both m.2 drives connected when you installed on the 'new' one?
Nope I only had the drive that I was installing windows on connected. I have just sent out an email to adata support. This drive has 5 year warranty, I guess it all depends on how nice their support is at this point.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
"new m.2 drive"

What does the manufacturer say regarding a warranty replacement?
After a long exchange of emails they have said 'As there is no after-sale service in your country (UK),you need send it to Holland for repair'
Sending the drive all the way to the Netherlands would literally cost me more than the drive itself (its only a 128Gb one) Im glad I went with a samsung ssd as my new OS drive... Im staying away from adata after this experience.

TRENDING THREADS