Question M.2 NVME is not recognized by Bios

Mar 4, 2023
One day while playing Overwatch my PC froze, I couldn't alt F4 or anything and had to force quit. This kept on happening more and more over the last week until the PC froze After 5-7 mins of doing nothing. I figured that there was a problem with my Graphics driver so I uninstalled it to reset it. After uninstalling my graphics driver and resetting, my PC doesn't get any further than the bios. My motherboard gives out an issue with the BOOT via the DE-bug LEDs. The Bios says: 'No bootable device found' and my M.2 is nowhere to be seen in Bios. I only have an M.2 as storage and nothing else so I can't log in on the PC and do fixes there. When I startup, the logo appears and stays there for about 45 sec. Then I enter Bios. During these 45 seconds, I can't press any F2 or del to enter Bios, I have to wait until Bios appears on its own. When my M.2 is not installed (physically in the motherboard) my pc runs faster and enters bios in 5 seconds. I have tried everything from CSM to Cleaning my M.2, reinstalling it, and changing the port. I have spent more than 10 hours and I still can't solve this. I also have the newest Bios and I have enough Watt. I'm a beginner but not a noob, if you have any ideas PLEASE let me know.

Most Sincerely,
Winter

SPECS:
Motherboard: TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WIFI)
M.2: Silicon Power 60A
Cpu: Ryzen 7 5800X

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I also have the newest Bios and I have enough Watt.
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Please add the make and model of your rams used for the build as well. As you're able to get into BIOS, for the sake of relevance, please state the BIOS version at this moment of time.

You might also want to take the SSD over to a donor platform and see if it also exhibits the same behavior, if it does, the SSD croaked.

Reactions: Winter Atomic
One day while playing Overwatch my PC froze, I couldn't alt F4 or anything and had to force quit. This kept on happening more and more over the last week until the PC froze After 5-7 mins of doing nothing. I figured that there was a problem with my Graphics driver so I uninstalled it to reset it. After uninstalling my graphics driver and resetting, my PC doesn't get any further than the bios. My motherboard gives out an issue with the BOOT via the DE-bug LEDs. The Bios says: 'No bootable device found' and my M.2 is nowhere to be seen in Bios. I only have an M.2 as storage and nothing else so I can't log in on the PC and do fixes there. When I startup, the logo appears and stays there for about 45 sec. Then I enter Bios. During these 45 seconds, I can't press any F2 or del to enter Bios, I have to wait until Bios appears on its own. When my M.2 is not installed (physically in the motherboard) my pc runs faster and enters bios in 5 seconds. I have tried everything from CSM to Cleaning my M.2, reinstalling it, and changing the port. I have spent more than 10 hours and I still can't solve this. I also have the newest Bios and I have enough Watt. I'm a beginner but not a noob, if you have any ideas PLEASE let me know.

Most Sincerely,
Winter

SPECS:
Motherboard: TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WIFI)
Cpu: Ryzen 7 5800X
Try the other m.2 slot.

Mar 4, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I also have the newest Bios and I have enough Watt.
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Please add the make and model of your rams used for the build as well. As you're able to get into BIOS, for the sake of relevance, please state the BIOS version at this moment of time.

You might also want to take the SSD over to a donor platform and see if it also exhibits the same behavior, if it does, the SSD croaked.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16
PSU: Corsair RM850X 2018
BIOS: Version 4601 (beta) and version 4408. I used version 4408 during the freezing and the problems. I recently switched to different a bios hoping that it would fix it but I have the same problem. (switching to a newer bios didn't help).

I am unsure what you mean by the donor platform. MY M.2 ssd is only 3 months old and I would be astonished that it already broke.

Thanks for the reply

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your discrete GPU? As for your BIOS, if you've done the back and forth, which one have you settled on eventually, as in what are you currently on? Did you clear the CMOS after you've verified that your BIOS was flashed successfully? I asked for the age of the PSU, not the SSD's age. As stated by user above you, your board has more than one M.2 slot, try and drop the SSD in them and see if the issues persist.

Are you sure you got the make and model of your M.2 drive correct?

Reactions: Winter Atomic
Mar 4, 2023
My PSU is 3 months old. I am currently on the 4601 Bios but haven't cleared my CMOS yet.

GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card

Thank you for your response
Most Sincerely,
Winter

Mar 4, 2023
Make and model of your discrete GPU? As for your BIOS, if you've done the back and forth, which one have you settled on eventually, as in what are you currently on? Did you clear the CMOS after you've verified that your BIOS was flashed successfully? I asked for the age of the PSU, not the SSD's age. As stated by user above you, your board has more than one M.2 slot, try and drop the SSD in them and see if the issues persist.

Are you sure you got the make and model of your M.2 drive correct?

M.2: Hard Drive Silicon Power P34A60M28 SSD M.2
I already tried the other slot and the issue still persists.

Mar 4, 2023
END OF FORUM:
I reinstalled windows via a USB but I cant install it because my PC isn't suited for it, meaning that there is a problem with the hardware. I tried to 'repair PC' but it was stuck fro 30 mins meaning there is nothing wrong with the software but a problem with the hardware.
Solution: M.2 doesn't work anymore. After 1.5 months of usage, it broke.
Dont buy: Hard Drive Silicon Power P34A60M28 SSD M.2

TRENDING THREADS