Question M.2 nvme not showing on bios (ASUS ROG B550-F wifi mobo) after a windows blue screen

Sep 1, 2020
I built my first PC and my windows kept blue screening after I left it to idle for about 30mins. So I decided to reinstall it. After reinstalling, I was downloading all my files from the interenet when it suddenly froze and blue screened on me.

I restarded it but it booted me up into bios. After further inspection, I realised that my nvme wasn't showing and when I tried to reinstall windows, the nvme didn't show up there either (but my hdd did).

When I try and install windows on my HDD, I get the error: "We couldnt create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files."

Can someone please help. I worked so hard to build my first PC, I dont want to be having to go through all this trouble after just having it for 2 days.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700X
Asus ROG B550-F Wifi
M.2 nvme samsung 970-evo 500gb
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 Super
16gb DDR4 Ram

Thanks

Sep 1, 2020
Update: I installed windows on my HDD and have tried installing the drivers for the nvme, but it didn't fix anything. Could the problem be that my SSD got corrupted or my motherboard is just not picking it up?

If anyone knows what the problem could be, please let me know.

Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS