[SOLVED] M.2 NVMe Samsung 980 Pro 1TB files not fully accessible

Nov 23, 2021
I've been using a 1TB M.2 NVMe Samsung 980 PRO for a while now as my secondary drive.
I boot with a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB that I've never had problems with.

Sometimes when I boot it seems like not all of the drive is loaded or something like that as certain files/directories are not accessible.

The drive still shows up in BIOS and on windows.
It doesn't always do this and some of the files and directories are accessible, but most of them are not.
This seems to happen "randomly" as I don't always have this issue when I boot into windows.
I'm not really sure what is causing this or how to solve it.
I'd rather not reformat the drive if I can avoid it, but will if it's necessary.
I would really appreciate any insight or help I could get to solve this as I haven't found anyone online with the same issue.

Thanks!
5uRt10D.png

gCpecgf.png

Extra System info:
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
Version: Rev X.0x
Bios Version: 5220, 9/12/2019
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X 8-Core 3850Mhz
GPU: AMD MSI Radeon R9 390
RAM: 32GB

Solution
I've been using a 1TB M.2 NVMe Samsung 980 PRO for a while now as my secondary drive.

Sometimes when I boot it seems like not all of the drive is loaded or something like that as certain files/directories are not accessible.

It doesn't always do this and some of the files and directories are accessible, but most of them are not.
This seems to happen "randomly" as I don't always have this issue when I boot into windows.
I'd rather not reformat the drive if I can avoid it, but will if it's necessary.
I would really appreciate any insight or help I could...

I would really appreciate any insight or help I could get to solve this as I haven't found anyone online with the same issue.

Thanks!
5uRt10D.png

gCpecgf.png

Extra System info:
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
Version: Rev X.0x
Bios Version: 5220, 9/12/2019
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X 8-Core 3850Mhz
GPU: AMD MSI Radeon R9 390
RAM: 32GB
You might want to bring your bios and chipset driver up to date and see if it makes a diff.

Solution