[SOLVED] M.2 NVMe SSD cant be seen anywhere after installing it ?

Jun 5, 2022
Adata XPG gammix S70 blade 1tb PCIe 4x4 cant be seen on windows nor BIOS after installing it. I have a Asus Prime Z270-P (PCIe 3x4 slots), GTX 1060, i5 7600K

Is it compatibility issue, i thought PCIe 4x4 was backwards compatible with PCIe 3x4 ?

Solution
I'd RMA the drive or return it and get something else. Adata, while inexpensive, has a track record of selling cheap crap that is very hit or miss.
Jun 5, 2022
Are you sure the M2 mode configuration is set correctly to auto or PCIE in the Bios ? ( not to SATA).
As per page 2_35 of your manual
Its set on AUTO at first (missing), then i set it to PCIe (still missing). Also when I install the NVMe I get stuck at ASUS boot and had to go to BIOS to boot windows.

No, it's not normal. You should have "Standard NVME express storage controller" or something similar, in addition to Microsoft storage spaces controller.

What Windows version are you running?

What release version are you running? (Type winver and hit enter in any search or run box on the start menu)

You are able to boot into Windows, in whatever way is necessary, WITH the NVME drive installed? If so, please take a screenshot of your disk management window and post it here.

https://www.lifewire.com/disk-management-2625863

This might end up just being a bad drive though. Adata isn't a top of the line company when it comes to quality, in my book.

Jun 5, 2022
Microsoft Windows Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1706) I have a 2.5'' SATA SSD at SATA_4. Installing the NVMe causes me to get stuck at ASUS logo (i speculate its preventing SATA_4 from booting) I have to go to BIOS (press F2) then save and exit (not changing any settings) to boot windows.

I will reply again tomorrow, really sleepy now... thanks for helping me...

Jun 5, 2022
I'd RMA the drive or return it and get something else. Adata, while inexpensive, has a track record of selling cheap crap that is very hit or miss.
Nothing seems to work for me and I think that I have tried everything, the SSD just doesn't seem to work (can't see it on windows and BIOS). I returned the SSD and got a refund.

Thanks for all the help