Question m.2 Nvme SSD is not detected on first boot after sleep or shutdown everytime. Need a fix

TristanJ

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
So I bought a new m.2 nvme SSD from Mushkin 500gb (MKNSSDPL500GB-D8 Pilot ). I cloned my old 500gb samsung evo 750 to it as it has my OS. For some reason everytime I boot my pc after it has been off or in sleep for a while (around 3-4hours +) my boot drive is not detected but all the other storage devices is (2HDD and the sata SSD) detected. I figured it might fix itself after a while but its been about a week. The old SSD boot drive was formatted so the m.2 is the only drive with windows on it. It goes like this. I turn on the pc after a bit a black screen with a message comes with no boot drive detected, I then turn it off using the power button and turn it back on. It then loads into windows and is detected. I was hoping someone had a suggestion or a solution as I tried taking it out and putting it back but nothing changed.

Jun 10, 2019
if you are using a msi motherboard, then this is the solution. In short, flash your bios to latest beta version or to previous version. I had the same problem with my msi b450m mortar, fixed after I update my bios to the latest beta version.

Reactions: ron2456