Question M.2 NVMe SSD read only after MB replacement

Nov 30, 2018
So this week has not been a good week for me. First i bricked my MB by doing a bios update that broke. So tonight i just got done replacing the MB with the same make and model MSI Z390 Pro gaming carbon. i got so happy when i saw it post. but then i get a quick message saying CPU or Memory change setup. i had two options i just sat there and looked at them and then the computer restarted. After restart it wants a boot drive. i had hooked my M.2 back in which was my C drive on the last MB during the transplant. Nothing so i go ahead and insert the windows 10 USB i have and it boots to it. long story short my M.2 is stuck in read only mode. i cannot format it, i cannot delete the partitions, and it will not boot to windows 10. i have tried changing the boot order, switching between boot modes Legacy+UEFI and just UEFI. i have tried deleting the partitions through the windows install, i have tried to format/clean/change attributes through diskpart. Chkdsk throws me errors when i try to use that on the drive. i have tried installing Win 10 on a different drive. i have exhausted every avenue i can think of. i do not care about the data on the Drives or any of them. i have all my important things on a 256GB USB. My aim after it didnt boot was to wipe all the drives clean and start over but i cant get past the read only. Any help would be amazing. I linked the full build here. https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bLGG3C

Nov 30, 2018
After you got the motherboard replaced, did you check and see which version of the BIOS you're on? You might want to also see if your bootable installer is made using Windows Media Creation Tools.
I did not I figured it didn't like it though so I planned on just re installing windows. And it shows the m.2 in the boot options as windows boot manager

Nov 30, 2018
Sounds like some sort of weird WIndows 'take permissions/ownership ' issue...

Was secure boot perhaps enabled prior to the failure?

You might be able to boot with a Linux MInt 19 Live USB, and at least delete affected partitions from within...
I do not know for sure but I do know I never changed it. At this point I'm thinking about trying to return it amd just go to micro center and getting a new one