[SOLVED] M.2 nvme ssd sticker + heatsink question

DeumBelli

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
I hate to ask such a simple question but im pretty new to using m.2 nvme ssds.
My old pc all i had to so was screw the ssd down so no issues there.

however i just built a new pc (transferring all my old drives to it)with much updated hardware and this motherboard, z490 e gaming rog strix, has a thermal pad u have to use to install the m.2.

the m.2 i have is the samsung 970 evo plus 1tb and it has a sticker along the full length of it. I dont know if its supposed to help with cooling or not i heard some do.

My question is do i keep the sticker on with the thermal pad or take the sticker off.

Solution

however i just built a new pc (transferring all my old drives to it)with much updated hardware and this motherboard, z490 e gaming rog strix, has a thermal pad u have to use to install the m.2.

the m.2 i have is the samsung 970 evo plus 1tb and it has a sticker along the full length of it. I dont know if its supposed to help with cooling or not i heard some do.

My question is do i keep the sticker on with the thermal pad or take the sticker off.
That sticker is actually painted metal so it conducts heat fine. Don't remove it.

That sticker is actually painted metal so it conducts heat fine. Don't remove it.

Solution