[SOLVED] M.2 NVMe SSD won't show up in BIOS ?

Dec 17, 2021
I have been trying to install a "James Donkey JD512 NVMe M2 SSD" on my "Asus A320M EX Gaming" Motherboard. It is not showing up in the BIOS.

Looking around the internet I found some things to try:

CSM settings and some other things but still not worked, working for 1 time and after restart computer or shutdown ssd is gone :D

Thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
There appear to be two "ROM mode" test points at the edge of the SSD. You can use these to verify whether the SSD's flash controller has basic sanity.

If you can upload a good photo of your SSD, I'll show you what to do.
Dec 17, 2021
I have been trying to install a "James Donkey JD512 NVMe M2 SSD" on my "Asus A320M EX Gaming" Motherboard. It is not showing up in the BIOS.

Looking around the internet I found some things to try:

CSM settings and some other things but still not worked, working for 1 time and after restart computer or shutdown ssd is gone :D

Thanks in advance for any help!
You'll need to enable UEFI mode and make sure to turn on CSM. I am very new to getting into the meat of the bios/uefi but I had a similar issue. Hopefully this helps.

Dec 23, 2021
Disable csm and change UEFI mode. Reboot and install windows you will see in list disk. Some mainboards not show information of M.2 port, however we can access it if we disable csm or enable Windows 8/10 WHQL