Question M.2 NVMe wont boot windows 10

Jan 18, 2020
Hi guys, first of all thank you for your time.

My gear:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 3000 MHz 2x 8GB
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro - 512 GB
GPU: RTX 590
M/B: Asrock AB350m pro4

I just got my new SSD (NVMe). I triede "everything" to install windows.
I got my M/B to UEFI active - AHCI mode.
I got windows on a new (testet) USB, and it installs fine.
I cleaned my NVMe at the beginning of the installation (Diskpart -> List disk -> Select Disk 2 -> Clean so it was ready for windows to create the needed partitions.

So when I install I hit advance -> select my drive -> create new paritions -> and it installs fine and want to restart. When the restart 10 second countdown starts I pull my USB out, then after the restart, i get this "Could not find boot drive pres any key to continue when boot drive is inserted" in BIOS i have set my 1# boot drive to my NVMe, which should have windows installed on it by now.

I also tried to instant flash update my BIOS, but that didnt help.

My NVMe is recongised by the motherboard and worked fine as secondary drive before i formated everything. My other SSD is unplugged (only the NVMe is plugged in).

What can i do?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020
I think the best approach by now is to install windows on another SSD and see if the NVMe works as a secondary drive to play games on, or if there is a hardware damage?

Jan 18, 2020
Ok super weird. I now used my other M.2 SATA as boot drive, and that works fine. Also my NVMe works since i play games and store on it now. Why wont it be used as a bootdrive?

Apr 18, 2020
I have the same problem with i3 8350k, Asus b360g wit kingstone kc2000. I can install the Windows onto it and I can boot into it once (after installation). The kc2000 does not show up in bios as Windows boot manager and if I reboot the system can not start as it the shell says there is no boot system.

I already set everything to uefi and disabled csm, but I can not reboot the system. I have another drive (2 tb wd HDD) but since it is a prebuilt I can not disassemble because I loose warranty. (I was cheap and did not pay for Windows installation since it would cost 150 USD).

Is there any recommendation what I can do?

Apr 18, 2020
I have the same problem with i3 8350k, Asus b360g wit kingstone kc2000. I can install the Windows onto it and I can boot into it once (after installation). The kc2000 does not show up in bios as Windows boot manager and if I reboot the system can not start as it the shell says there is no boot system.

I already set everything to uefi and disabled csm, but I can not reboot the system. I have another drive (2 tb wd HDD) but since it is a prebuilt I can not disassemble because I loose warranty. (I was cheap and did not pay for Windows installation since it would cost 150 USD).

Is there any recommendation what I can do?
I solved the problem.
Ineeded to disable the other hard drive because the windows installed the boot partition on another HDD, so the windows could not boot. Also I needed to set everything to uefi in bios and deleted every secure boot key and set to other OS.
After I disabled the other HDD, set the correct bios settings and reinstalled the OS everything was fine

TRENDING THREADS