M.2 Patriot ignite stopped showing up in bios

wunshot

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
So I had windows installed on my m.2 hard drive. Userbenchmark said it was performing slow so I updated the firmware. The firmware update process said it wouldn't effect any of the data on the drive so I thought I would be gtg. After it updated windows did a reboot, and suddenly my bios isn't seeing the drive in the Sata 5/6/m.2 spot, and I can't boot into windows.

The hard drive is a m.2 Patriot ignite and my Mobo is an Asus x99-s sli krait edition. I went ahead and updated my Mobo bios but that didn't help.

Thanks!

Solution
Just to be sure, MSI or Asus motherboard - I found a MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition motherboard. However, it sounds as if the firmware update of the Patriot Ignite M2 did not complete successfully. If under warranty, see if you can return it for a replacement. They have a 3 year warranty. If it is not under warranty, it's time to go shopping for a new M.2 ssd. Unless you have a backup, you've lost whatever was on the ssd.

srdowns

Great
Jun 7, 2018
Just to be sure, MSI or Asus motherboard - I found a MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition motherboard. However, it sounds as if the firmware update of the Patriot Ignite M2 did not complete successfully. If under warranty, see if you can return it for a replacement. They have a 3 year warranty. If it is not under warranty, it's time to go shopping for a new M.2 ssd. Unless you have a backup, you've lost whatever was on the ssd.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS