M.2 PCIe adapter?

Banana Phone

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
I recently bought a Crucial MX300 275GB. I got the SATA model and my mobo doesn't support M2.
And thennnn, I found out that PCIe - M2 adapters exist. Did I do a huge mistake with my purchase? Could I have really used an M2 and got the ~1000 mb/s speeds?

Solution
Depends on if the MB BIOS can support booting from PCI-e/M.2 adapters; I think Z97 and above could? For those that can, a PCi-eX4 slot with a 960 Pro/EVO should enable the max performance approaching 3200 MB/sec sequential reads...

In any event, gaming performance is pretty much unaffected by NVME drives anyway; games still take 45 seconds to come up, and 30 seconds loading different levels, same as w/ standard SSDs anyway....
Depends on if the MB BIOS can support booting from PCI-e/M.2 adapters; I think Z97 and above could? For those that can, a PCi-eX4 slot with a 960 Pro/EVO should enable the max performance approaching 3200 MB/sec sequential reads...

In any event, gaming performance is pretty much unaffected by NVME drives anyway; games still take 45 seconds to come up, and 30 seconds loading different levels, same as w/ standard SSDs anyway....

Solution