M.2 PCIe NVMe Versus 2.5" SSD6.0GB/s

rgh43

Honorable
Sep 24, 2018
In reading thru all the posts I see a lot of issues people are facing when trying to get a M2 PCIe NVMe type HD up & running. There seems to be a lot of changes that have to be done to get the MB to recognize the M2 HD, with a various amount of issues around that before you could get it to work. So my question is the need for that type of HD or would a 2.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s be just as good. I do not play Games at all, only use my PC to look at the internet for information, news, politics, sports, stock market etc. I don’t do much in the way of Photo editing. The only advantage I can think of is the Heat issue but it is Solid State so shouldn’t be much heat. So do I want to go thru all the hassle to get an M.2 type up and running. That is assuming the 2.5SSD would not have the same issues, I installed a 250GB OCZ SSD in my current PC with no problems & no changes to the BIOS. I have made changes to my Bios many times so I should be able to get it an M.2 installed if it would be a distinct advantage to have one over a 2.5SSD. So considering all that would it be something I would benefit from having an M2 rather than a 2.5" SSD?