[SOLVED] M.2 problem

xrh

Sep 12, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm not to sure on what this problem actually is, but sometimes when I boot/reboot my pc, I have to reformat my m.2, like it is always being picked up in the bios and in devoce manager even when I haven't reformatted it yet. I'm just wondering if there is a fix to this as its stopping from using my m.2

Solution
So you have 3 SATA drives connected to your motherboard. The WD Green is a M.2 SATA SSD.
In which socket are you inserting the WD M.2 SSD ? M.2_1 or M.2_2?
The M.2_2 socket is shared with SATA 5 & 6 ports on the motherboard, so SATA SSDs should not be installed on M.2_2 socket and SATA 5 & 6 ports at the same time.
Please post your system model or specs.
Could you elaborate why do you need to reformat after rebooting?
Does the drive disappears?
Are you getting any messages about the drive needs formatting?
How are you formatting the drive and which format?
How many drives are installed and in which ports (SATA/ M.2)?

xrh

Sep 12, 2020
www.youtube.com
Please post your system model or specs.
Could you elaborate why do you need to reformat after rebooting?
Does the drive disappears?
Are you getting any messages about the drive needs formatting?
How are you formatting the drive and which format?
How many drives are installed and in which ports (SATA/ M.2)?
My PC Specs are:
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - RTX 3070
PSU - 650w EVGA Bronze
Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX b550-f gaming
RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengance 3600Mz
HDD - Seagate Barracude 2TB
SSD - TcSunbow 60GB and 240GB WD Green M.2

I have to reformate it because after rebooting it acts as if I've only just installed the drive, The drive disappears from This PC in file explorer but it shows up in the bios and device manager, There are no errors messages or messages in general, I'm formating it in disk management as NTFS, I've got 3 drives, 1 hdd, 1 ssd (both sata) then 1 m.2 ssd

So you have 3 SATA drives connected to your motherboard. The WD Green is a M.2 SATA SSD.
In which socket are you inserting the WD M.2 SSD ? M.2_1 or M.2_2?
The M.2_2 socket is shared with SATA 5 & 6 ports on the motherboard, so SATA SSDs should not be installed on M.2_2 socket and SATA 5 & 6 ports at the same time.

Solution