[SOLVED] M.2 Sata not showing up after adding an M.2 Nvme

Aug 24, 2022
I bought an M.2 Nvme (Samsung 980 Pro). I installed it in the first slot of my motherboard (Aorus Master B550) and moved the M.2 Sata to the third slot.

After installing Windows, I noticed that the M.2 Sata was not showing up (neither in bios nor in windows).

I changed it to the second slot and it's the same.
(all m.2 slots work)

Using Windows 11.

Solution
I bought an M.2 Nvme (Samsung 980 Pro). I installed it in the first slot of my motherboard (Aorus Master B550) and moved the M.2 Sata to the third slot.

After installing Windows, I noticed that the M.2 Sata was not showing up (neither in bios nor in windows).

(all m.2 slots work)

Using Windows 11.

Found the issue. Only the first slot allows mixing of M2 Sata / NVME. If the sata is on the first one, I can put NVME on the others.

Thanks for the help!
Aug 24, 2022
What, if anything, does your motherboard manual say about using SATA ports and M.2 ports in some combination?
I can't find anything on the subject

"The M.2 connectors support M.2 SATA SSDs or M.2 PCIe SSDs and support RAID configuration"

"The PCIEX16 slot shares bandwidth with the M2B_CPU and M2C_CPU connectors. The PCIEX16
slot operates at up to x8 mode when a device is installed in the M2B_CPU or M2C_CPU connector. "

I did this manually and still the same

Aug 24, 2022

(all m.2 slots work)

Using Windows 11.

Found the issue. Only the first slot allows mixing of M2 Sata / NVME. If the sata is on the first one, I can put NVME on the others.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Lafong
Solution