Question M.2 screw on asus a15 gaming will not come loose !

Dec 3, 2023
Hey soo ive recently fitted another 8GB ram and bought an m.2 for my board also as my default memory is poor - But I've gone to fit the M.2 and i cannot loosen the screw in the board whatsoever any tips ? I do have a lovely pc build but got a lappy also for portability

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
if you dont have an "m.2" drive in the slot aleready. you could remove the actual stand (the metal socket the m.2 screw sits in.. and replace it with spare from your motherboard box(if you have the motherboard box you normall get 2nd spare stand and screw) , not you can tank the 1 of the board and see if you can then use pliars to grip the stand and use screwdriver to loosen the screw (while its of the motherboard..

Reactions: rekenukhh
Dec 3, 2023
Its an empty M.2 Ive had to put the drive in and leave it stuck down with the motherboard tape that was there until i can get it sorted - Its like asus dont want you upgrading their laptops.
But basically mate the m2 screw WILL not budge from the standoff do you think pliers will remove it ?

Dec 3, 2023
if you dont have an "m.2" drive in the slot aleready. you could remove the actual stand (the metal socket the m.2 screw sits in.. and replace it with spare from your motherboard box(if you have the motherboard box you normall get 2nd spare stand and screw) , not you can tank the 1 of the board and see if you can then use pliars to grip the stand and use screwdriver to loosen the screw (while its of the motherboard..
Its an empty M.2 Ive had to put the drive in and leave it stuck down with the motherboard tape that was there until i can get it sorted - Its like asus dont want you upgrading their laptops.
But basically mate the m2 screw WILL not budge from the standoff do you think pliers will remove it ?
Are you using the proper screwdriver? Is the system off and cooled down?

A screwdriver that fully and firmly fits into the head of the screw? Or around it if hex?

If possible, take a couple of photographs and post the photographs here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
i though you was talking about a "desktop" motherboard.. not sure what the standoff is like inside that particular laptop.. (its might be removable or "it might be part of the laptop casing.. so check first or take to a local pc store/shop and see if they can sort it for you