Question m.2 Slot on HP laptop

matthewraagas87

Commendable
Jun 11, 2018
Hi,
I have recently opened up my hp laptop da0xxx and I found a slot if it is actually a m.2 slot available,. Normally this laptop came with a 2TB hard drive but I swapped it out because it was to slow and boot times were over a minute. Once i saw this slot for the ssd i was hoping if i can actually use it so that i can have two storage devices available. This is not a sata m.2 ssd.

Hi,
I have recently opened up my hp laptop da0xxx and I found a slot if it is actually a m.2 slot available,. Normally this laptop came with a 2TB hard drive but I swapped it out because it was to slow and boot times were over a minute. Once i saw this slot for the ssd i was hoping if i can actually use it so that i can have two storage devices available. This is not a sata m.2 ssd.
Considering the price of SSDs these days, and that it's a laptop, I recommend you scrap the spinning rust drive and only install a 1Tb or 2Tb SSD (like the Samsung 970 Evo, which should work with that model) : faster boot and load, lower power use, less heat. If you can find the specs for this laptop, you should determine what SSD models are compatible with it.

Reactions: matthewraagas87