m.2 ssd and where could i89 put one

Solution
The SM951 uses x4 PCI-e lanes over M.2 2280. (22 pins, 80mm length). The M.2 slot is relatively new and only on Intel 9 series or higher will you see these.

You can purchase a PCI-e adapter but depending on your motherboard you may not get the optimal efficiency from the SSD. The M.2 slot bypasses the other express lanes and SATA controller and offers the best performance.

Anyways the 950 Pro is coming out this month so I'd wait and get one of those and upgrade to a Z170 system with at least 4 threads if you want to maximize the benefit of the SSD.

Blueberries

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
The SM951 uses x4 PCI-e lanes over M.2 2280. (22 pins, 80mm length). The M.2 slot is relatively new and only on Intel 9 series or higher will you see these.

You can purchase a PCI-e adapter but depending on your motherboard you may not get the optimal efficiency from the SSD. The M.2 slot bypasses the other express lanes and SATA controller and offers the best performance.

Anyways the 950 Pro is coming out this month so I'd wait and get one of those and upgrade to a Z170 system with at least 4 threads if you want to maximize the benefit of the SSD.

Solution