[SOLVED] M.2 SSD compatible with Rasperry Pi?

Nov 2, 2019
Is 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 250GB compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 4B?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The device has an NVMe connection. RPi does not (please correct me if I'm wrong).

If you happened upon this device and want to use it with your RPi, you will have to have an adapter from NVMe to USB (or NVMe to SATA and SATA to USB), which defeats the purpose of NVMe (speed)

The device consumes 30mW, which is not much, but must be considered as with all devices attached to the RPi.

Remember, there are two states for storage devices, ones that have failed and ones that are going to fail.

OldSurferDude

Reputable
May 18, 2019
The device has an NVMe connection. RPi does not (please correct me if I'm wrong).

If you happened upon this device and want to use it with your RPi, you will have to have an adapter from NVMe to USB (or NVMe to SATA and SATA to USB), which defeats the purpose of NVMe (speed)

The device consumes 30mW, which is not much, but must be considered as with all devices attached to the RPi.

Remember, there are two states for storage devices, ones that have failed and ones that are going to fail.

Reactions: Alabalcho
Solution

mindwave65

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
there is a "desktop kit" that came out 12-18 months ago that allows an M.2 connection

I dont know the specifics of the connections, other than there is a GPIO Hat inclued that the M.2 sits upon

I think i got it from newark.com