M.2 SSD Drive Issue - XPG GAMMIX S10 2280 PCIe Gen3.4 NVMe 1.2

wx2

Oct 3, 2018
I have an Asus z270-A Prime Mobo and I used Acronis to clone the M.2 drive with my OS which is Windows 10 and for an undetermined reason when the drive boots is goes into recovery mode and does not work. States recovery backup in made in BIOS format and the other is not, file formatting I assume, ( Not system BIOS reference ).

I did a full backup with the windows backup module, and did a complete secondary backup with Acronis; however neither recovery will work. The original drive was also an SSD but not an M.2 module.

I have tried every attributed setting in the System BIOS, from ACHI, SATA, PCIe etc., ( going off of memory so I may have typed the ACHI wrong, could have been AHCI ). However, I did a standard DOD three pass format and put it in another Asus z270-A I have and did a fresh install with a media creation tool USB and no problem.

My issue is the Mobo / system I need it in has important data I need and have not been smart enough to find a working solution. I cannot do an "I did a major hardware change" to Activate Windows 10 as this would be problematic to the data I must preserve.

If anyone has figured this out; please advise .. thank you.

Very Respectfully,