Question M.2 SSD "Health" is 90 percent after 90 days. Should I be worried ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
I do check the temps in my pc and specially cpu and gpu. But now I have to check always it seems
You unironically use Mega for file hosting which says you are probably into sharing some pretty unsavoury content. I would not be surprised at all to find your system was infected by some pretty nasty malware.

There are some storage-based cryptos which could have caused the 26TB of writes, you do seem to be very quiet on the subject however. Do you know what caused 26TB of writes to your drive in 90 days?

Reactions: Lafong
Dec 4, 2021
You unironically use Mega for file hosting which says you are probably into sharing some pretty unsavoury content. I would not be surprised at all to find your system was infected by some pretty nasty malware.

There are some storage-based cryptos which could have caused the 26TB of writes, you do seem to be very quiet on the subject however. Do you know what caused 26TB of writes to your drive in 90 days?
I dont use mega and idk what caused it

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
You unironically use Mega for file hosting which says you are probably into sharing some pretty unsavoury content.
Hey, what gives.
Mega have 50GB of free storage, which is way more than other cloud drives, so i use it to keep some of my backups for example.
Also Mega often was used to share Android ROM images (technincally archives at that point of time)
Don't be biased just because someone use something.

Last edited:

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Hey, what gives.
Mega have 50GB of free storage, which is way more than other cloud drives, so i use it to keep some of my backups for example.
Also Mega often was used to share Android ROM images (technincally archives at that point of time)
Don't be biased just because someone use something.

It’s not bias, it’s inductive reasoning. Imagine me as a kind of digital Sherlock Holmes. Please don’t misconstrue what I say as an attack or negative, these are just facts and they speak for themselves. I don’t care what sites anyone uses and I have even clicked on a few Mega links myself over the years.

However… Mega tends to be used for questionable, illegal and highly illegal content. People who use it for hosting have probably been on enough of those sites to be exposed to it and know what it is, and maybe even view it favourably,

If you’ve been on a lot of the sites that use Mega for hosting, to the extent that you actually have a Mega account that you can log into and use to share files, AND you even deny knowing anything about it and claim not to use it, then chances are you’ve been exposed to some pretty horrible malware.

Mega is one of the few big sharing platforms that does not check for malware, and certainly does not automatically remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts