[SOLVED] m.2 ssd in pcie issue

May 21, 2021
Hi guys, ive got issue. Ive got X570 MSI MOTHER BOARD, gaming edge wifi version. There is 2 m.2 slots on the motherboard. In both i have 1tb ssd samsung 970 evo plus and these work fine. I have another of these SSDs i need to put in this computer so i got this expander into PCIE slot for 3rd 1tb ssd.

Issue is that in windows, im getting stuck after loading and i have to restart. In Linux, the SSD shows up and dissapear in 5 seconds. ( i tried in linux cause i thought its just some regular windows bs ).
Issue is fixed when i remove the 2 m.2 SSDs i have on my motherboard and leave only the pcie adapter one. ( but even in that case i cant access the SSD, after i click on it in my computer, PC get stuck and have to restart ).

In windows i cant even open disk management tool, its just loading and get stuck. It looks like to me that the motherboard just dont like the 3rd ssd.. i tried different things in bios like switching to RAID,setting the pcie to 4x instead of 16x, different set ups and nothing seems to work.

I installed all drives for nvme, for motherboard etc. Any suggestions?

Solution
Hi guys, ive got issue. Ive got X570 MSI MOTHER BOARD, gaming edge wifi version. There is 2 m.2 slots on the motherboard. In both i have 1tb ssd samsung 970 evo plus and these work fine. I have another of these SSDs i need to put in this computer so i got this expander into PCIE slot for 3rd 1tb ssd.

Issue is that in windows, im getting stuck after loading and i have to restart. In Linux, the SSD shows up and dissapear in 5 seconds. ( i tried in linux cause i thought its just some regular windows bs ).
Issue is fixed when i remove the 2 m.2 SSDs i have on my motherboard and leave only the pcie adapter one. ( but even in that case i cant access the SSD, after i click on it in my computer, PC get stuck and have to restart ).

In...

In windows i cant even open disk management tool, its just loading and get stuck. It looks like to me that the motherboard just dont like the 3rd ssd.. i tried different things in bios like switching to RAID,setting the pcie to 4x instead of 16x, different set ups and nothing seems to work.

I installed all drives for nvme, for motherboard etc. Any suggestions?
Check MB manual, in some cases second M.2 shares lines with some other PCIe slots.

Solution