[SOLVED] M.2 SSD is accessible in BIOS, but I cannot see it in device manager

Sep 8, 2019
Motherboard: ROG Maximus XI Formula
M.2 SSD: Samsung 970 evo 500gb
SSD: Samsung 860 500 gb with Windows 10 on it

So I have been using 970 for games for almost half a year, but yesterday it just disappeared from my disk list. I cannot find it in the device/disk manager.
Here I thought that it has just suddenly died, but while updating BIOS through EZ update I saw that 970 is still there with all files and is still accessible.
I already tried rebooting the PC with CSM disabled and other disks disconnected, as well as physically remounting it- didn't do anything.

I have a feeling that it might be a driver issue because the day before 970 disappeared I have installed 'driver easy PRO' and updated a lot of things, but I have no idea how to fix that.

Thank you very much for your help!

Solution
Anything you do may cause further damage, corruption, and data loss.

Do you have backups and a recovery drive? Any restores available?

My thought is, as you suspect, that either "EZ update"and/or "driver easy PRO" installed an incorrect driver or caused some corruption.

Start with the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026852/windows-create-a-recovery-drive

Then do additional research and work out a recovery plan suited for your computer and situation.

Post what you intend to do - always a good idea to get second opinions and/or additional suggestions.

Ralston18

Titan
Anything you do may cause further damage, corruption, and data loss.

Do you have backups and a recovery drive? Any restores available?

My thought is, as you suspect, that either "EZ update"and/or "driver easy PRO" installed an incorrect driver or caused some corruption.

Start with the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026852/windows-create-a-recovery-drive

Then do additional research and work out a recovery plan suited for your computer and situation.

Post what you intend to do - always a good idea to get second opinions and/or additional suggestions.

Solution