[SOLVED] M.2 SSD is Failing

USAFRet

Titan
Hi, I would like to know how to back up a drive if it randomly shuts down and disappear from the computer (to get it back, a full pc shut down is needed), and on the settings there is a warning saying that the drive is set to read-only, back up your data in case of drive failure.

Here are two images, the first one is CrystalDiskInfo and the second is the warning message on settings
What is on this drive?

Assuming the D drive is just a secondary with some personal files on it...copy that off to some other drive.
Not all at once, but rather a couple of folders at a time.

Do this starting right now.

Oct 29, 2022
D drive is just a secondary

This drive used to be the one I used with the OS, but now I bought a new one, so the new one is C: and the failing drive is D:.

copy that off to some other drive.

I tried doing that, but when I try to copy it, it gets stuck on some files, stops responding and disappears from my pc.

a couple of folders at a time.

Tried this, but didn't work so well, so I started doing a file at a time, but it is just too time consuming. (Both ways still occurred some times the same problem as I said above)

USAFRet

Titan
This drive used to be the one I used with the OS, but now I bought a new one, so the new one is C: and the failing drive is D:.

I tried doing that, but when I try to copy it, it gets stuck on some files, stops responding and disappears from my pc.

Tried this, but didn't work so well, so I started doing a file at a time, but it is just too time consuming. (Both ways still occurred some times the same problem as I said above)
Well, it appears you waited a bit too long.

Oct 29, 2022
What data is on this drive? Anything critical?

There are some files I wanted to recover, but most of them I have already copied.
Do you think by resetting the drive it would start functioning again? (I'm curious simply because it shows it has 98% of life)

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022
Thereby guaranteeing 100% loss of the data on it.
And may not actually "fix" anything.

Is this drive still under warranty?

Since there is little chance of restoring any data, I thought I could try to use it, but you remembered me about the warranty, and it is still under warranty, so I might just send it them to get it replaced.

NE-512....this is a "KingSpec" drive?

Yeah... it, and your data, is gone.

Yes, it is a Kingspec drive, and what do mean by that in the end?