[SOLVED] M.2 SSD Main drive choice

Jul 20, 2020
Hey all, I do have very similar SSDs from different brands and I was wondering what would be better choice to install as main boot drive (mainly for OS only so size is not the issue).

500 GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 -SB-ROCKET-512

VS

250 GB Samsung SSD 960 EVO - MZ-V6E250BW

Thanks in advance.

Solution
The 960 Evo is the drive I'd go for as the OS/App's drive. What board are you working with for those drives? Use Samsung's Magician tool to make sure you're on the latest firmware update for the SSD.
Jul 20, 2020
The 960 Evo is the drive I'd go for as the OS/App's drive. What board are you working with for those drives? Use Samsung's Magician tool to make sure you're on the latest firmware update for the SSD.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Yep I do have Magician software so drivers should be up to date, I think it updates "under the hood" as some time ago I benchmarked both drives and Sabrent was way faster (in read, slower in write) right now they are almost on pair (in read, in write Evo wins).

Right now I am running it on Asus PRIME z-370P and Sabrent is the main boot drive.
I will be upgrading soon to run this on a X570 Ryzen build, specifically this model (with 1 M.2 heatsink): Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS

Last edited: