Question M.2 SSD makes my laptop microstutter even when replaced..

Oct 6, 2020
I bought the Silicon Power 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD for my gaming laptop to have a quick boot time and I did a clean install of Windows 10 as well. When installed all my drivers and everything, I started encounter the stutter when watching a video. The audio would do a quick distort and occurs while playing games as well. Its a quick stutter or freeze so I contacted Amazon about it and they sent a replacement and when I cloned everything over to the new SSD the issue still occurs. Any fixes can you guys recommend?

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7567
Specs are -
i5-7300HQ
GTX 1050 4GB
16GB Ram

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, use CPU-Z or go into your BIOS and see which version you're currently working with. Then open up Dell's support page(for drivers) and use your Service Tag to get a tailored list of support installers. Use that list to identify your current BIOS version and cross reference the list to see if you have any updates pending.

If you have a number of BIOS updates pending, it's best practice to work your way up gradually until you reach the latest version. You might want to take note of the install notes, to see if you need to update the MEI firmware version between BIOS updates.

See if that helps. Oh, which version of Windows 10 are you currently on? Is that 16GB = 2x8GB sticks? Same sticks of ram if a dual channel setup?

Oct 6, 2020

First off, use CPU-Z or go into your BIOS and see which version you're currently working with. Then open up Dell's support page(for drivers) and use your Service Tag to get a tailored list of support installers. Use that list to identify your current BIOS version and cross reference the list to see if you have any updates pending.

If you have a number of BIOS updates pending, it's best practice to work your way up gradually until you reach the latest version. You might want to take note of the install notes, to see if you need to update the MEI firmware version between BIOS updates.

See if that helps. Oh, which version of Windows 10 are you currently on? Is that 16GB = 2x8GB sticks? Same sticks of ram if a dual channel setup?

I used to run an OEM Ram and another 8GB ram from Corsair with different CAS Latency so I thought that would be the problem but it the problems still occurs when it even when I bought another stick of the Corsair ram. I just installed the Intel Chipset INF and Serial IO as well and it didnt fix it still. I'll update my BIOS to the latest version on September 28.

Oct 6, 2020

I installed every chipset drivers thats from Intel and BIOS updated as well but still the same issue with the stutter. Even went back with older versions and it still doesnt help.