[SOLVED] M.2 SSD not recognizing by boot menu

Jan 10, 2020
Hello,

Hi, i installed Kingston A400 120G SATA M.2 2280 Internal SSD - SA400M8/120G for my acer aspire a515-51g. I installed it by myself, when i did there this screw to hold the m2 was missing, so i used one of the HDD screw to fix it. It worked and i made it available from partitioning, cloned using Macrium Reflect, everything was done. And when it comes to the last step of changing HDD to SSD in boot option,its not showing there, i could only see HDD as before.

Please check the images below

BIOS Info page and it recognizes there
IMG-20200110-191932.jpg

Boot menu

IMG-20200110-192025.jpg

PC (its showing there.)

SSD.png

Im looking for a quick response, help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
In your clone operation, you need to select the leftmost partition (EFI, System) as well as the C.

However, you're already bumping up against the capacity of that 120GB drive.
Jan 10, 2020
Sorry I didn't understand, Can you elaborate what you meant by swap cables. I don't use any cables, just inserted the sata SSD into it's port and it fit there.

Jan 10, 2020
Sorry, this is a laptop. is your SSD in the 1st slot where the old HDD was.
Moving them will change drive designations.
I have also read here that the extra partition may cause problems since it also has all the boot info.

I didn't remove HDD from it's slot but I tried removing it and tried only with M.2 and it said No bootable device found.

Honestly both HDD slot and M.2 are different so I don't see the point of swapping it and it's not possible I believe.

Jan 10, 2020
there a boot partition on the hdd. redo the clone and clone that and the c drive

I did that HDD partition right before I installed the SSD. And that partition disk is empty. Please advice me if it's still have to be cloned? I can close again but making sure all the partition Should be cloned