Question m.2 ssd not showing in disk management or computer management but is in Bios

Apr 18, 2019
I recently bought a 860 evo m.2 ssd for my pc which has a AsusZ170E and it wont show up in disk management or computer management but is detected in Bios. Can someone please help me figure this out I don't know if I have to change something else in Bios or on windows

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
I had a similar problem on different motherboard recently. Your motherboard shares sata ports with sata express meaning only one sata device can be active at one time. Have a look at section 2.6.8 of your motherboards instructions to see if this helps.

Apr 18, 2019
I had a similar problem on different motherboard recently. Your motherboard shares sata ports with sata express meaning only one sata device can be active at one time. Have a look at section 2.6.8 of your motherboards instructions to see if this helps.
I switched to the settings it said and it booted up on the m.2 and it was a clean version of windows all my stuff was gone and now the hdd wasn’t showing so I switched it back