Question M.2 SSD not showing in Windows after BIOS update

FranzVrolijk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Hi,

My PNY M.2 SSD is no longer showing up in Windows 10 after i updated the BIOS on my ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F.
It was working fine before. I can't see it in device manager, and not in disk management.

I'm not really sure if my BIOS sees it- because under one of the lists, it displays my M2 slot as empty (it calls this slot the "M2 (grey)"slot, not sure if this is the same slot. I think my mobo has several M2 slots, but this is the only M2 slot on the list).
However, it DOES list the drive as a boot alternative. Maybe something stuck from before i updated the BIOS?
If I go to EZ Flash 3 and try to browse my drives for a BIOS image to update from, the disk is there, and I can browse it. It seems to have all the files.

I have tried to change most of the SATA/M2 related settings in my BIOS, but nothing seems to work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

FranzVrolijk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Just before updating my BIOS I also installed pretty much every other item on the motherboards downloads list, including AMD Chipset driver and AMD RAIDXpert2 / AMD RAID device driver. Perhaps some of this software could be messing with my drive? I have uninstalled RAIDXpert2 using the installer, but it keeps starting when I boot.