Question M.2 SSD problem on Asus Tuf x570 Gaming Plus (wifi) motherboard ?

Jeong_0408

Reputable
Dec 4, 2016
Hi all,

I recently bought Kraken Z63 and while I was plugging in my cables, I some how managed to only plug 2 of the rights pins of my CPU pins into my motherboard. The pins that were not plugged into the motherboard caught on fire and blew my Gigabyte Aorus X570 UD. Therefore, I ended up buying ASUS Tuf x570 gaming plus wifi. I plugged all of my components into the board and everything worked fine other than the fact that I had to reinstall Windows again (which I did not have to do when I upgraded my system from Ryzen 7 2700x to 3700x). After I had downloaded Windows onto my SSD, I’ve noticed that it wasn’t detecting my HDD but it was being captured on BIOS.

I took my computer to my friend who had fixed computers several years back and he tested to see if there was a problem with SATA in the board or the cable. We did some rewiring and all of sudden, my PC wouldn’t boot. My friend gave me a spare M.2 [SSD] to see if it worked. I came home and plugged the M.2 [SSD] that my friend gave me and my PC was working fine again until today when I installed a new M.2 [SSD] that I bought. My PC would not boot like after I did rewiring with my SSD and HDD.

I honestly think this has to be a problem on my mother board. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or knows how to fix this?

Below is my system:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
MOBO: Asus tuf x570 gaming plus wifi
Cooler: Kraken z63
GPU: EVGA gtx 1080
PSU: Corsair RM 750

Sorry for the long post,