[SOLVED] M.2 ssd problem?..

tappedxd

Reputable
Jul 31, 2020
Hey,
for the past few days I have been searching online for solutions on why my PC wont boot and only goes to BIOS, but every thread I found was solved by buying new ssd, so I came here to seek help.

Basically, few days ago I normally shut down the PC and went to sleep, but the next morning I turned it back on it went straight to BIOS. In BIOS it reads the ssd normally, but shows 0gb of space. Firstly i tried reseating, that solved the problem for a day. Next day the same thing happened but reseating didnt work anymore.

I tried: ssd on different PC and it works, reseated CPU, checked for bent pins on CPU, cleared CMOS, reinstalled windows, formatted the M2, reseated ram, reseated gpu, safe mode on/off, BIOS flash

When I reinstalled windows, firstly the disk wasnt there, but appeared again after reseating. Also what i noticed is that it was fairly hot when reseating. Before screwing it down it was cold, but when i bent it so i can screw it, it started to warm up.

MOBO is new, RAM is fairly new, PSU is new

Best part is that i am now writing this thread from the pc, when it randomly decided to start, but tomorrow it wont again so i am asking for help.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B550a-pro
RX 580 8gb strix
Seasonic 1000 gold
Crucial M2 P2 ssd

Last edited by a moderator: