[SOLVED] M.2 SSD visible in device manager, but not in disk management

Jan 22, 2021
I bought recently a Kingston A2000 1TB - SA2000M8/1000G M.2 SSD, and i put it in my PC.
My problem is, that I cant see in my Disk Management, so I cant make any particion, but I see in BIOS, and Device manager.
My BIOS has the latest update, my windows 10 too.
Device manager says everything is fine.
I tested on BIOS too, it also says everything is fine.
I also tried to reinstall my windows, didnt work.
My PC:
Motherboard: Gigabyte ab350m-gaming 3
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
SSD: Kingston SA400S37/120G
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX1660S
Anyone have any idea what is the problem here?

Last edited:
Solution
did you check to see if it had been added to a new storage space?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-b6c8b540-b8d8-fb8a-e7ab-4a75ba11f9f2

I bought recently a Kingston A2000 1TB - SA2000M8/1000G M.2 SSD, and i put it in my PC.
My problem is, that I cant see in my Disk Management, so I cant make any particion, but I see in BIOS, and Device manager.
My PC:
Is it enabled in device manager i get you said it shows there but if it's disabled the system basically shuts it off and wont read it anywhere else but there if its enabled try refeshing it. Disable it and reenable it

My PC:
Is this a prebuilt system?

Nope, I built it.
Yeah so it shouldn't have any added in tpm security settings or any of that the drive should be a plug and playable drive. Unless did you try any otger m.2 slot on the board you may have it plugged into a "inactive/unsuported" port with some mobos if the certain m.2 slots aren't being used before others they will be "on/but inactive in other words you will see the drive but have no access to the drive

Yeah so it shouldn't have any added in tpm security settings or any of that the drive should be a plug and playable drive. Unless did you try any otger m.2 slot on the board you may have it plugged into a "inactive/unsuported" port with some mobos if the certain m.2 slots aren't being used before others they will be "on/but inactive in other words you will see the drive but have no access to the drive
Sorry that step i forgot

Jan 22, 2021
This board only has 1 m.2 slot.

I looked everywhere and I found this, and this.
There's your issue your system is locked to new devices and saddly to say. It generally requires a system refresh to disable this so you will need to back up your files... It's a saftey feture so no one can alter you device without permission it's a pain in the butt to deal with. You can try just disabling it but just so you know it may force a system reset

There's your issue your system is locked to new devices and saddly to say. It generally requires a system refresh to disable this so you will need to back up your files... It's a saftey feture so no one can alter you device without permission it's a pain in the butt to deal with. You can try just disabling it but just so you know it may force a system reset the second photo you posted is just for your keyboard to clerify the first photo is what you need to focus on

Jan 22, 2021
There's your issue your system is locked to new devices and saddly to say. It generally requires a system refresh to disable this so you will need to back up your files... It's a saftey feture so no one can alter you device without permission it's a pain in the butt to deal with. You can try just disabling it but just so you know it may force a system reset the second photo you posted is just for your keyboard to clerify the first photo is what you need to focus on
Well, I disabled it, but nothing happened. Tomorrow I will try it in my friends PC, but iam too tired now its almost 4 am here :D

Well, I disabled it, but nothing happened. Tomorrow I will try it in my friends PC, but iam too tired now its almost 4 am here :D
Sounds good and im sorry i just relooked over the photo's and i missed what i was looking at the second photo you posted was security option and set to system yes your drive is probably being locked from the system through this should allow you to access the drive

similar but not the same you just need to basically set your's you off or deactive or whatever it says

Well, I disabled it, but nothing happened. Tomorrow I will try it in my friends PC, but iam too tired now its almost 2 am here :D
hahaha sorry this has been bugging me all night it's like 6 am here now and knew it had to be something along these line but i dont have one of these boards to look at so i have been researching it and found this
gigabytes forum

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021
similar but not the same you just need to basically set your's you off or deactive or whatever it says
It has 2 options, I've changed to the 2nd one, but didnt work :/ photo

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you check to see if it had been added to a new storage space?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-b6c8b540-b8d8-fb8a-e7ab-4a75ba11f9f2

Solution