[SOLVED] M.2 SSD Won’t boot, need help.

Dec 26, 2018
Recently received a Samsung 970 Evo M.2 SSD, we tried cloning but found it didn’t work. We then tried to do a clean installation of windows onto the drive, sometimes the drive doesn’t show up which I believe is to do with cms, sometimes - even when the ssd is selected in settings as the first boot option - it will go to this PEX thing which says I need to select a proper boot disk or insert installation media and press any key, we did that and whenever we pressed any key, a big suprise; nothing happened, just the same white text on the same black background again. We tried installing windows again onto the ssd but whenever we try to boot from the ssd nothing happens or it dissapears from the boot order completely yet in the bios is still shown to be there in the “very useful” gigabyte nvme info which doesn’t let you configure anything. If we tried to take the installation media out, either the system would show no boot drives - or - it would go back to PEX again.

Here are my system specs:
Intel i5-8400
gigabyte b350m ds3h
2x 8GB sticks of Corsair vengeance LPX 3200 RAM
The - not working - Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2 SSD
My old WD hard drive that does boot.
An asus Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050-TI 4G

I’m kind of annoyed that this SSD that is supposed to be basically “plug and play” has taken hours to try and get to work with no success.

Thanks.