[SOLVED] M.2 undetected switching from intel to amd

Solution
That's a Sata M2 drive and needs to go into the M2_3 socket. The other slot does not support Sata drives.

Also, you may need to disable Secure Boot in the bios since this motherbd was not the one that installed windows to this drive.

That's not saying the old installation will actually boot to windows without an issue - since it will be trying to load completely wrong drivers for the new hardware...

popatim

Titan
That's a Sata M2 drive and needs to go into the M2_3 socket. The other slot does not support Sata drives.

Also, you may need to disable Secure Boot in the bios since this motherbd was not the one that installed windows to this drive.

That's not saying the old installation will actually boot to windows without an issue - since it will be trying to load completely wrong drivers for the new hardware...

Solution

karng22k

Reputable
Mar 1, 2016

Is there for me to prep my windows to boot on my new mobo?

Or is there a way for me to keep my old windows while switching to new mobo? I have a few programs that I don'r have the activation key for anyore.

USAFRet

Titan
Or is there a way for me to keep my old windows while switching to new mobo? I have a few programs that I don'r have the activation key for anyore.
No...a system change of that level requires a full clean install.
OS and all your applications.

Running in the original system, Belarc Advisor may be aboe to discover some of the license keys for your old software.

karng22k

Reputable
Mar 1, 2016
I tried to reinstall windows from a bootable usb Drive. However when I got to the installation screen for windows, my m2 ssd does not show up as an storage option.
I tried the list disk in the command prompt but my m2 ssd is still missing. Is it possible that my m2 ssd is not compatible with my mobo?

TRENDING THREADS