M.2 +win1o extra partitions

okak

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
Swin10 created 3 extra partitions on m.2 drive. When ceating inage of c: drive- FAILED. Image made with with all 4 partitions - OK but when loading the image, it erases D: partition despite marking only C: as destination. Im using "Active Disk Image".

USAFRet

Titan

Screencap of your current Disk Management window, please.

But yes, there are 'other' partitions created during the install. Small and required. Leave them alone.

okak

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
Thanks. I modified my quarry... Those 4 partitions cause confusion for ADI app resulting in partition D: being deleted upon loading of image onto C: (+3) partition.

USAFRet

Titan

OK...changes.

So you're using an application called Active@ Disk Image ( http://www.disk-image.com/ ), and it screws up a whole different partition on that drive? The D partition?

okak

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014

okak

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
Si Senor! This app never failed before. Previously, I included only C: partition when making an Image and it reported 'Error'. When selected 4 partition, all went well ..... just when I was going to load the Image few days later, I was warned that this will delete all partitions on the drive! Way around this is to have only one partition with everything on it and make Image (hard compress-option). I'm told that it doesn't make any difference with SSD drives!

USAFRet

Titan

SSD or HDD...treated the same.

TRENDING THREADS