Question M-Audio AV42 Monitors giving constant feedback.

mshimala

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
I have purchased a pair of M-Audio AV-42 Monitors for my home PC and I'm having feedback issues coming from both speakers. I've even gone as far as having the monitors replaced with the same model and I'm still having this issue, so I don't think the monitors are the problem. The monitors are quiet until I start playing music through them and then the feedback will start. If I pause the music, the feedback will remain until I power off the monitors and power them back on. The feedback will also start if I start with the aux not plugged in, then plug the aux into a port even if music hasn't started. I have tested using the monitors from a phone instead of my PC and the problem persists.

I'm at a loss as to what the issue is here.

I've tested the monitors in a separate room as well as with my PC powered off and still have the issue.

Any help solving this problem is appreciated!

kanewolf

Titan
Is this the correct picture of your speaker? What do you have connected to the input ports?
AV42_OrthoBack_1200x750.jpg

mshimala

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Is this the correct picture of your speaker? What do you have connected to the input ports?
AV42_OrthoBack_1200x750.jpg
Really sorry for the late reply. I have been away on vacation. That is the back of my speaker. I have the included white/red input cable plugged into those ports which leads to the aux port on the back of my computer. I have actually tested a different pair of speakers (these: https://www.klipsch.com/products/klipsch-promedia-2-1-thx-certified-computer-speaker) and I am still getting feedback (although not as much, but it is still constant), and even when the speakers are disabled in my settings. In fact, I still get feedback when the PC is powered off. I have a microphone near my PC, but when that is powered off the feedback still remains. There is also a window next to my PC, which I read could cause some feedback issues, but opening it up doesn't fix my issue and using my speakers in another room still produces feedback. I have no idea what could be causing this. Is there some frequency going on through my apartment that is causing this?

Thank you for any additional help.

Last edited: