Question m flash doesnt detect any drives "Media Not Found Please plug in USB media and press "Retry" to try again".

rodium

Reputable
Dec 25, 2018
hello, i am trying to get ready to upgrade my pc from a Ryzen 7 3800x 3.90GHz to a Ryzen 7 5800x3d. my motherboard is an MPG x570 Gaming Plus MSI motherboard. My first step was trying to get a bios update just in case it was needed and i downloaded the latest version. i went into the bios but i get the error that the Media is not found and get stuck on the retry screen. The USB i have is formatted into exFAT and only has the bios download on it, it's in the recommended slot on the back of my motherboard(i believe), and has more than plenty room for it. I read i should be putting it into FAT 32 but when i formatted it wasn't an option. is there a step i am missing on how to do this? I am semi pc-literate so i could be missing something obvious so i was hoping i could get some bigger brains to assist me lol

hello, i am trying to get ready to upgrade my pc from a Ryzen 7 3800x 3.90GHz to a Ryzen 7 5800x3d. my motherboard is an MPG x570 Gaming Plus MSI motherboard. My first step was trying to get a bios update just in case it was needed and i downloaded the latest version. i went into the bios but i get the error that the Media is not found and get stuck on the retry screen. The USB i have is formatted into exFAT and only has the bios download on it, it's in the recommended slot on the back of my motherboard(i believe), and has more than plenty room for it. I read i should be putting it into FAT 32 but when i formatted it wasn't an option. is there a step i am missing on how to do this? I am semi pc-literate so i could be missing something obvious so i was hoping i could get some bigger brains to assist me lol
Page 30 of your manual clearly states: "Only the FAT32 format USB flash drive supports updating BIOS by Flash BIOS Button".