Question M/O does not recognize any hard drive

May 22, 2019
Recently I upgraded my CPU, M/O, chassis, and SSD. After I got everything connected, Windows installed on SSD, yada yada, my hard drive (from my old build) wouldn't connect or be detected in BIOS. I had first thought I had done something to make it stop working. I went out and bought a new HD. Still not detected in BIOS. Rinse and repeat with a 2nd new HD. I purchased an exterior dock to try. Nothing. I returned the new HDs and picked up a SSD. BIOS picks it up just fine. What is in the settings in BIOS that might be able to fix this? I'm not too bright when it comes to all the options in BIOS.

PS. I did try to use the cables the working SSDs used, but still nothing worked.
PSS. Also ASUS thought it was something faulty with the M/O so they did a RMA and it did the same thing with the replacement.

CPU: R5 2600
MO: B-450 F Gaming
GPU: RX Vega 56 Air Booster 8gb
SSD: Samsung 250gb 2.5"
Samsung 500gb 2.5"
HDD: N/A (can’t get MO to recognize any HD)
PSU: EVGA 850w Gold
Chassis: Corsair Graphite 780T
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb (8gb x2) 3GHz PC4-24000 DDR4 DIMM

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Your specs are generically listed. If you're using an M.2 SSD you might need to take note of which ports(on the SATA end are being disabled) You've mentioned the use of Samsung SSD's which leads me to think that you're either in a 2.5" form factor or an M.2 form factor and even then the NVMe versions won't block off SATA ports.

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your board?

FYI, always list your specs like so:
Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2133MHz 2x8GB as opposed to Corsair 16GB

May 22, 2019
Your specs are generically listed. If you're using an M.2 SSD you might need to take note of which ports(on the SATA end are being disabled) You've mentioned the use of Samsung SSD's which leads me to think that you're either in a 2.5" form factor or an M.2 form factor and even then the NVMe versions won't block off SATA ports.

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your board?

FYI, always list your specs like so:
Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2133MHz 2x8GB as opposed to Corsair 16GB

Yes it is in the latest BIOS update.

The SSDs are 2.5" form factor. Sorry. New to everything here.

Latest posts