Question M1 Mac slower than 2016 i7?

Sep 25, 2022
Had a quick question: Currently trying to run C code compiled with Clang on Xcode. Running said code takes about 20-30x longer than on an old Windows i7 from a laptop built in 2016. Any idea why that might be the case?

Code is COMPLETELY identical on both machines, Windows version is run on Windows 10 with Visual Studio. Cannot find anything at all in regards to this, makes absolutely no sense.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know, thanks.

The output of a C program can vastly different depending on the target, what compiler options were set, etc. You should not expect the same output unless every damn parameter (including which versions of the compiler, libraries, and othera) is the same.

Sep 25, 2022
Had a quick question: Currently trying to run C code compiled with Clang on Xcode. Running said code takes about 20-30x longer than on an old Windows i7 from a laptop built in 2016. Any idea why that might be the case 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254?

Code is COMPLETELY identical on both machines, Windows version is run on Windows 10 with Visual Studio. Cannot find anything at all in regards to this, makes absolutely no sense.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know, thanks.
I got this,..

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS